Water main break turns streets to ice in Manayunk
MANAYUNK - January 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- A water main break caused some icy conditions on Thursday morning in Philadelphia's Manayunk section.
The break occurred around 4:30 a.m. along Cresson Street near Rector and Silverwood streets around Manayunk's "Pretzel Park".
According to officials, crews were working to repair two other main breaks in the city when the Manayunk break occurred, which impeded efforts to shut off the main quickly.
About 60 people were left without water when an 8-inch main broke.
The water department has been at the scene making repairs and checking the status of affected homes.
water main break, manayunk, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos