Water main break turns streets to ice in Manayunk
MANAYUNK - January 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- A water main break caused some icy conditions on Thursday morning in Philadelphia's Manayunk section.
The break occurred around 4:30 a.m. along Cresson Street near Rector and Silverwood streets around Manayunk's "Pretzel Park".
According to officials, crews were working to repair two other main breaks in the city when the Manayunk break occurred, which impeded efforts to shut off the main quickly.
About 60 people were left without water when an 8-inch main broke.
The water department has been at the scene making repairs and checking the status of affected homes.
water main break, manayunk, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 3 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 3 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends 15 min ago