Two cars run down man, then drive off
TORRESDALE - January 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man was killed on a Philadelphia street early Monday morning when not one but two cars hit him just a few seconds apart, then drove off.
The 25-year-old victim was first hit about 2:30 a.m. on Frankford Avenue near Benson Street in the Torresdale section of the city.
The victim survived that hit and was able to tell two women who'd driven up what happened as they came to his aid.
However, the women then had to sprint to the sidewalk when another car came down the street and struck the man.
The man did not survive that hit. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Just like the first, the two women tell police the second car also drove away.
Neighbor and witness Brian Kaboshus is still in shock because of what happened outside his window.
"Not one person, but two people hit a pedestrian and just kept going," Kaboshus said.
The two hit and runs took place in front of Saint Dominic's Church.
"Tough to know that people can do stuff like that and not stop even if it was an accident," Kaboshus said.
Police sources tell Action News they have nothing to go on. There is no description on the first hit and run car and only the possibility that the second car was a silver Honda. There is also no description on either driver.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, torresdale, hit and run, pedestrian struck, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 8 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 35 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos