Two cars run down man, then drive off
TORRESDALE - January 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man was killed on a Philadelphia street early Monday morning when not one but two cars hit him just a few seconds apart, then drove off.
The 25-year-old victim was first hit about 2:30 a.m. on Frankford Avenue near Benson Street in the Torresdale section of the city.
The victim survived that hit and was able to tell two women who'd driven up what happened as they came to his aid.
However, the women then had to sprint to the sidewalk when another car came down the street and struck the man.
The man did not survive that hit. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Just like the first, the two women tell police the second car also drove away.
Neighbor and witness Brian Kaboshus is still in shock because of what happened outside his window.
"Not one person, but two people hit a pedestrian and just kept going," Kaboshus said.
The two hit and runs took place in front of Saint Dominic's Church.
"Tough to know that people can do stuff like that and not stop even if it was an accident," Kaboshus said.
Police sources tell Action News they have nothing to go on. There is no description on the first hit and run car and only the possibility that the second car was a silver Honda. There is also no description on either driver.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, torresdale, hit and run, pedestrian struck, local/state
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 9 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 34 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's 59 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as...
34 min ago