Two cars run down man, then drive off
TORRESDALE - January 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man was killed on a Philadelphia street early Monday morning when not one but two cars hit him just a few seconds apart, then drove off.
The 25-year-old victim was first hit about 2:30 a.m. on Frankford Avenue near Benson Street in the Torresdale section of the city.
The victim survived that hit and was able to tell two women who'd driven up what happened as they came to his aid.
However, the women then had to sprint to the sidewalk when another car came down the street and struck the man.
The man did not survive that hit. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Just like the first, the two women tell police the second car also drove away.
Neighbor and witness Brian Kaboshus is still in shock because of what happened outside his window.
"Not one person, but two people hit a pedestrian and just kept going," Kaboshus said.
The two hit and runs took place in front of Saint Dominic's Church.
"Tough to know that people can do stuff like that and not stop even if it was an accident," Kaboshus said.
Police sources tell Action News they have nothing to go on. There is no description on the first hit and run car and only the possibility that the second car was a silver Honda. There is also no description on either driver.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, torresdale, hit and run, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 36 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 3 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 1 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 2 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
36 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
20 min ago