Women: Pa. abortions left us sterile, near death
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 22, 2011 -- Women who say they were left scarred or injured by an abortion doctor now charged with murder are describing their experiences at his West Philadelphia clinic.
Thirty-year-old Davida Johnson says when she got pregnant in 2001 she first visited Planned Parenthood but was scared off by anti-abortion protesters. She says she then went to Dr. Kermit Gosnell's clinic and was left with venereal disease and later suffered four miscarriages.
Gosnell is being held without bail in the deaths of a 41-year-old patient and seven babies prosecutors say were born alive and then were killed with scissors.
The 69-year-old Gosnell says he was serving poor residents of the neighborhood where he grew up.
Prosecutors call his clinic a "house of horrors."
philadelphia, pennsylvania, abortion, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 7 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 23 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 28 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 34 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 52 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 43 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 52 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
23 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
28 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
44 min ago