Women: Pa. abortions left us sterile, near death
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - January 22, 2011 -- Women who say they were left scarred or injured by an abortion doctor now charged with murder are describing their experiences at his West Philadelphia clinic.
Thirty-year-old Davida Johnson says when she got pregnant in 2001 she first visited Planned Parenthood but was scared off by anti-abortion protesters. She says she then went to Dr. Kermit Gosnell's clinic and was left with venereal disease and later suffered four miscarriages.
Gosnell is being held without bail in the deaths of a 41-year-old patient and seven babies prosecutors say were born alive and then were killed with scissors.
The 69-year-old Gosnell says he was serving poor residents of the neighborhood where he grew up.
Prosecutors call his clinic a "house of horrors."
philadelphia, pennsylvania, abortion, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos