Driver dead, passenger injured in Feltonville crash
FELTONVILLE - January 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight accident on the Roosevelt Boulevard that turned deadly.
Police and medics were called out to F Street and the Roosevelt Boulevard around 4:00 a.m.
The driver of a SUV lost control while traveling north on the Roosevelt Boulevard and drove through the parking lot of an A PLUS Gas station and Mini Mart, struck a utility pole and then plowed into a chain link fence before finally coming to rest.
The driver along with a female passenger were transported to Temple University Hospital where the driver was pronounced dead. He has been identified as 19-year-old Juan Carlos Perdoma, from the 3900 block of Claridge Street.
The female victim sustained serious injuries in the accident and is now listed in stable condition.
So far, there is no word on what caused the driver to lose control.
accident, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, pennsauken, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ