Driver dead, passenger injured in Feltonville crash
FELTONVILLE - January 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an overnight accident on the Roosevelt Boulevard that turned deadly.
Police and medics were called out to F Street and the Roosevelt Boulevard around 4:00 a.m.
The driver of a SUV lost control while traveling north on the Roosevelt Boulevard and drove through the parking lot of an A PLUS Gas station and Mini Mart, struck a utility pole and then plowed into a chain link fence before finally coming to rest.
The driver along with a female passenger were transported to Temple University Hospital where the driver was pronounced dead. He has been identified as 19-year-old Juan Carlos Perdoma, from the 3900 block of Claridge Street.
The female victim sustained serious injuries in the accident and is now listed in stable condition.
So far, there is no word on what caused the driver to lose control.
accident, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, pennsauken, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 37 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 35 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 36 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
54 min ago