UPS tractor-trailer driver killed in NJTP crash
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - January 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The driver of a UPS tractor-trailer is dead following a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike Monday morning.
The accident happened around 6:40 a.m. on the southbound lanes of the turnpike in Cherry Hill.
The driver of the UPS truck, identified as 48-year-old Peter Parkes of Stratford, Conn., side-swiped a turnpike service van that was helping refuel another tractor-trailer on the side of the highway.
The UPS truck then overturned and slid off the roadway.
Parkes was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the other truck was not injured. However, a NJ Turnpike employee was working on the truck when it was hit, causing him to fall. He received only minor injuries.
new jersey turnpike, cherry hill, new jersey, accident, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly 30 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 32 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW...
30 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos