UPS tractor-trailer driver killed in NJTP crash
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - January 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The driver of a UPS tractor-trailer is dead following a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike Monday morning.
The accident happened around 6:40 a.m. on the southbound lanes of the turnpike in Cherry Hill.
The driver of the UPS truck, identified as 48-year-old Peter Parkes of Stratford, Conn., side-swiped a turnpike service van that was helping refuel another tractor-trailer on the side of the highway.
The UPS truck then overturned and slid off the roadway.
Parkes was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the other truck was not injured. However, a NJ Turnpike employee was working on the truck when it was hit, causing him to fall. He received only minor injuries.
new jersey turnpike, cherry hill, new jersey, accident, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 11 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 44 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber