UPS tractor-trailer driver killed in NJTP crash
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - January 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- The driver of a UPS tractor-trailer is dead following a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike Monday morning.
The accident happened around 6:40 a.m. on the southbound lanes of the turnpike in Cherry Hill.
The driver of the UPS truck, identified as 48-year-old Peter Parkes of Stratford, Conn., side-swiped a turnpike service van that was helping refuel another tractor-trailer on the side of the highway.
The UPS truck then overturned and slid off the roadway.
Parkes was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the other truck was not injured. However, a NJ Turnpike employee was working on the truck when it was hit, causing him to fall. He received only minor injuries.
new jersey turnpike, cherry hill, new jersey, accident, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1