Family of slain defense consultant offers reward
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The family of a federal defense consultant whose body was found in a Delaware landfill is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.
Colm F. Connolly, an attorney for the family of John Wheeler III, told The News Journal of Wilmington that the family is desperate for more information.
Last week, the state medical examiner's office said Wheeler was assaulted and died of blunt force trauma. But officials have offered no other details about the death of Wheeler, whose body was found among a load of trash being dumped at the Wilmington landfill on the morning of Dec. 31.
delaware, wilmington, body found, homicide, john wheeler, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 6 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 52 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
6 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
5 min ago