Family of slain defense consultant offers reward
WILMINGTON, Del. - January 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The family of a federal defense consultant whose body was found in a Delaware landfill is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.
Colm F. Connolly, an attorney for the family of John Wheeler III, told The News Journal of Wilmington that the family is desperate for more information.
Last week, the state medical examiner's office said Wheeler was assaulted and died of blunt force trauma. But officials have offered no other details about the death of Wheeler, whose body was found among a load of trash being dumped at the Wilmington landfill on the morning of Dec. 31.
delaware, wilmington, body found, homicide, john wheeler, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed