Gas odor prompts evac of tech school in Sewell, NJ
SEWELL, N.J. - January 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- Fire and utility crews were called to the Gloucester County Institute of Technology for the report of a strong odor of natural gas on Monday morning.
Emergency response crews arrived shortly before 9:30 a.m. at the school, located along the 1300 block of Tanyard Road in Sewell, New Jersey.
Fire officials confirm the school has been evacuated while work crews conduct their investigation.
There have been no reports of injuries.
South Jersey Gas officials have since determined that there was no gas leak. Rather, the smelle came from a malfunctioning heater.
gas leak, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 33 min ago
- Windy And Cool 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore 49 min ago
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila....
33 min ago
- Windy And Cool
36 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos