1 dead in East Oak Lane CO incident
EAST OAK LANE - February 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials are investigating a carbon monoxide report that has killed one person and sent another to an area hospital.
It was around 5:18 this morning when officials were called out to the 7100 block of N. Broad Street for a report of fumes.
Upon their arrival, medics found a male and female had been overcome by fumes. The male was pronounced dead. The female was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment.
Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says the investigation is ongoing but officials suspect a broken and blocked flue pipe is responsible.
Ayers says the concentration of the odorless, colorless gas was more than eight times what is considered dangerous and would have been detectable by a carbon monoxide alarm. No such device was found in the home.
carbon monoxide, north philadelphia, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop 10 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos