7th arrest in taped Upper Darby bully attack
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - February 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A seventh student from Upper Darby High School's Opportunity Center was arrested Tuesday morning when he reported for classes.
He is a 14-year-old charged with kidnapping and assault for the January 11th attack on a fellow student.
The 7 arrested range in age from 13 to 17. Their victim is a 13-year-old fellow student at the center.
One of the assailants shot video of the attack and it shows the victim being beaten, kicked, and pulled through the snow. The video also shows the victim was then stuffed upside down in a tree and then hung by his clothes on a fence.
Parents with children at the center tell Action News they are alarmed by the videotaped 7-on-1 attack.
"I was worried for my daughter, but Upper Darby seems like they have their safety issues in check and doing all that they can," parent Angel Milano said.
The Opportunities Center, which sits behind the regular high school in a trailer, is described as an alternative program where disruptive students are isolated from the regular school population.
One mother says her daughter was transferred to the center for fighting. She too is alarmed by the video pictures of the savage attack.
"This is an eye opener to a lot of parents who have been silent in this situation and other situations; the bullying has to stop," the mother said.
All seven defendants in this case are due in Delaware County juvenile court tomorrow to face charges in what Upper Darby police are calling a wolf pack assault.
pennsylvania, delaware county, bullying, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
35 min ago