Latest storm causing travel problems across NJ
TRENTON, N.J. - February 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The latest winter storm is having a major impact on travel in the Garden State. And the worst is yet to come.
By Tuesday evening, nearly 700 flights had been canceled at Newark Liberty International Airport. Continental Airlines suspended all flight operations at its Newark hub through noon Wednesday.
New Jersey Transit reported scattered 15-minute delays on some of its bus routes.
The agency said it would cross-honor bus and rail tickets both Wednesday and Thursday.
Numerous accidents were reported in northern New Jersey early Tuesday afternoon as a band of freezing rain moved through.
The National Weather Service warned that driving conditions could become treacherous as heavy freezing rain moved in from the west on Tuesday night.
new jersey, snow, severe weather, ice storm, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station