Latest storm causing travel problems across NJ
TRENTON, N.J. - February 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The latest winter storm is having a major impact on travel in the Garden State. And the worst is yet to come.
By Tuesday evening, nearly 700 flights had been canceled at Newark Liberty International Airport. Continental Airlines suspended all flight operations at its Newark hub through noon Wednesday.
New Jersey Transit reported scattered 15-minute delays on some of its bus routes.
The agency said it would cross-honor bus and rail tickets both Wednesday and Thursday.
Numerous accidents were reported in northern New Jersey early Tuesday afternoon as a band of freezing rain moved through.
The National Weather Service warned that driving conditions could become treacherous as heavy freezing rain moved in from the west on Tuesday night.
new jersey, snow, severe weather, ice storm, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 16 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 44 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 4 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 11 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 17 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos