Young skater raises money for Haitian quake efforts
NEWARK, Del. - January 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A young Haitian-American skater wanted to do her part to help people in that earthquake-ravaged nation.
Today, at the arena at the University of Delaware, 7-year-old J˘seline Pretto Simmons, did a solo tribute to Haiti to music by a Haitian group.
It was part of the Delaware Synchronized Skating Send-Off Exhibition.
The quake hit Haiti in January 2010.
delaware, haiti, haitian earthquake, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 7 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 21 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos