Pa. teacher suspended over blog rants about students
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) - February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- A teacher has been suspended from her job at a Philadelphia-area high school after district officials say she posted profanity-laced rants online about her students, co-workers and administrators.
Central Bucks School District suspended Natalie Munroe on Wednesday after parents complained about the postings, which called students "out of control" and "disengaged, lazy whiners."
District spokeswoman Carol Counihan tells the Bucks County Courier Times that Munroe acknowledged writing the posts when confronted. She was immediately suspended with pay and the blog was quickly taken down.
Superintendent Robert Laws says the postings should result in termination but the district is still investigating.
A phone listing for Munroe could not immediately be located Thursday.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times
pennsylvania, bucks county, education, local/state
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 50 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 2 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 22 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 44 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
2 min ago