Off-duty officer shoots pit bull that killed poodle
LAWNCREST - February 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- An off-duty officer shot and killed a neighbor dog that fatally attacked his dog, according to officials.
The incident occurred around 5:00 p.m. along the 400 block of Sentner Street in Philadelphia's Lawncrest section.
Initial reports say a pit bull managed to either get through or over a fence and kill a neighbor's poodle.
The neighbor, an off-duty officer, then shot and killed the pit bull.
Pennsylvania SPCA Animal Rescue responded and retrieved both dogs.
Officials have not released any further information at this time.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, police, dog attack, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 17 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 32 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ