Off-duty officer shoots pit bull that killed poodle
LAWNCREST - February 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- An off-duty officer shot and killed a neighbor dog that fatally attacked his dog, according to officials.
The incident occurred around 5:00 p.m. along the 400 block of Sentner Street in Philadelphia's Lawncrest section.
Initial reports say a pit bull managed to either get through or over a fence and kill a neighbor's poodle.
The neighbor, an off-duty officer, then shot and killed the pit bull.
Pennsylvania SPCA Animal Rescue responded and retrieved both dogs.
Officials have not released any further information at this time.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, police, dog attack, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 13 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
30 min ago