Vineland considers banning paintball from parks
VINELAND, N.J. - February 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Vineland is considering whether to designate some property where people can play paintball as the city looks to ban people from playing the messy sport in local parks.
The city council is preparing to take a final vote next week on whether to ban paintball playing in municipal parks.
City officials say the action is needed to stem damage to local parks and minimize liability should someone be injured by a paintball.
The ordinance adds paintball guns to a list of other banned recreational weapons, such as javelins and bows and arrows, which carry a fine of up to $1,000.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
new jersey, vineland, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 34 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos