Vineland considers banning paintball from parks
VINELAND, N.J. - February 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Vineland is considering whether to designate some property where people can play paintball as the city looks to ban people from playing the messy sport in local parks.
The city council is preparing to take a final vote next week on whether to ban paintball playing in municipal parks.
City officials say the action is needed to stem damage to local parks and minimize liability should someone be injured by a paintball.
The ordinance adds paintball guns to a list of other banned recreational weapons, such as javelins and bows and arrows, which carry a fine of up to $1,000.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
new jersey, vineland, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 16 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 19 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 12 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 14 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
10 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing...
16 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
14 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos