Vineland considers banning paintball from parks
VINELAND, N.J. - February 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Vineland is considering whether to designate some property where people can play paintball as the city looks to ban people from playing the messy sport in local parks.
The city council is preparing to take a final vote next week on whether to ban paintball playing in municipal parks.
City officials say the action is needed to stem damage to local parks and minimize liability should someone be injured by a paintball.
The ordinance adds paintball guns to a list of other banned recreational weapons, such as javelins and bows and arrows, which carry a fine of up to $1,000.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
new jersey, vineland, local/state
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 52 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 31 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
31 min ago