Worker in Scranton injured at construction site
SCRANTON, Pa. - February 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- A construction worker in northeastern Pennsylvania has been injured after a piece of construction equipment fell six stories and hit him.
The Times-Tribune newspaper in Scranton reports that the accident happened at a University of Scranton construction site Wednesday morning.
A worker from Sordoni Construction was injured and taken to a hospital.
Officials said he was alert and conscious. They say a piece of a forklift fell off and hit the ground first before rebounding and striking the worker.
University of Scranton Police Capt. Tom Cadugan said investigators are at the scene.
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
accident, scranton, pennsylvania, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 43 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 5 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 56 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 5 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 48 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos