Worker in Scranton injured at construction site
SCRANTON, Pa. - February 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- A construction worker in northeastern Pennsylvania has been injured after a piece of construction equipment fell six stories and hit him.
The Times-Tribune newspaper in Scranton reports that the accident happened at a University of Scranton construction site Wednesday morning.
A worker from Sordoni Construction was injured and taken to a hospital.
Officials said he was alert and conscious. They say a piece of a forklift fell off and hit the ground first before rebounding and striking the worker.
University of Scranton Police Capt. Tom Cadugan said investigators are at the scene.
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
accident, scranton, pennsylvania, local/state
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 1 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
1 min ago