Teacher: Official taking cartoon out of context
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - February 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania teacher suspended over online posts about her students says a cartoon she posted mocking special-needs students is being taken out of context.
Natalie Munroe says Central Bucks School District superintendent Robert Laws misinterpreted a cartoon she posted with a caption that refers to students who "lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee" on themselves.
The caption goes on to tell students they're "freakin' special."
The cartoon was affixed to a post about the largely positive remarks teachers make on report cards.
Laws says the cartoon attacks special-needs students. In a post on her blog, Munroe says she didn't read the cartoon in a way that's derogatory but that it patted all people on the back regardless of their actions.
school, doylestown, bucks county, pennsylvania, education, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 10 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 55 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 30 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 51 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
55 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
30 min ago