Teacher: Official taking cartoon out of context
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - February 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania teacher suspended over online posts about her students says a cartoon she posted mocking special-needs students is being taken out of context.
Natalie Munroe says Central Bucks School District superintendent Robert Laws misinterpreted a cartoon she posted with a caption that refers to students who "lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee" on themselves.
The caption goes on to tell students they're "freakin' special."
The cartoon was affixed to a post about the largely positive remarks teachers make on report cards.
Laws says the cartoon attacks special-needs students. In a post on her blog, Munroe says she didn't read the cartoon in a way that's derogatory but that it patted all people on the back regardless of their actions.
school, doylestown, bucks county, pennsylvania, education, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
50 min ago