Perkiomen Valley teachers issue strike notice
COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. - February 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Teachers in a Montgomery County school district have given notice that they intend to strike next week if no deal is reached this weekend.
The Perkiomen Valley Education Association issued the 48-hour strike notice on Friday. That would mean a strike could begin on Tuesday.
The teachers' union and school administrators are meeting with a state mediator over the next few days at an undisclosed location.
The teachers have been without a new contract since June 30th.
The union said it is hoping for a "fair and reasonable" settlement.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, school, teacher contract, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 15 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 12 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 2 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 58 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
30 min ago