Perkiomen Valley teachers issue strike notice
COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. - February 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Teachers in a Montgomery County school district have given notice that they intend to strike next week if no deal is reached this weekend.
The Perkiomen Valley Education Association issued the 48-hour strike notice on Friday. That would mean a strike could begin on Tuesday.
The teachers' union and school administrators are meeting with a state mediator over the next few days at an undisclosed location.
The teachers have been without a new contract since June 30th.
The union said it is hoping for a "fair and reasonable" settlement.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, school, teacher contract, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother 42 min ago
- Record Warmth! 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
39 min ago