5 arrested after Center City mob incident
CENTER CITY - March 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Five teenage boys have been arrested for causing a public disturbance during an apparent flash mob incident in Center City Wednesday evening.
The five juveniles were among a group of about 40 kids that police say had been darting in and out of traffic shortly before 6:00 p.m. in the area of 15th and Chestnut Streets.
When police responded, most of the group quickly dispersed, but five, in their haste to flee police, ran inside the Shops at Liberty Place and flipped signs and tables.
Police apprehended all five teens and ushered them over to the 9th Police District headquarters to be processed. They are all expected to face disorderly conduct and creating a public disturbance charges, among related offences.
The teens are expected to be released into the custody of their parents.
flash mob, center city, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 18 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 12 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 39 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
18 min ago