5 arrested after Center City mob incident
CENTER CITY - March 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Five teenage boys have been arrested for causing a public disturbance during an apparent flash mob incident in Center City Wednesday evening.
The five juveniles were among a group of about 40 kids that police say had been darting in and out of traffic shortly before 6:00 p.m. in the area of 15th and Chestnut Streets.
When police responded, most of the group quickly dispersed, but five, in their haste to flee police, ran inside the Shops at Liberty Place and flipped signs and tables.
Police apprehended all five teens and ushered them over to the 9th Police District headquarters to be processed. They are all expected to face disorderly conduct and creating a public disturbance charges, among related offences.
The teens are expected to be released into the custody of their parents.
flash mob, center city, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others 18 min ago
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 4 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
13 min ago