5 arrested after Center City mob incident
CENTER CITY - March 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Five teenage boys have been arrested for causing a public disturbance during an apparent flash mob incident in Center City Wednesday evening.
The five juveniles were among a group of about 40 kids that police say had been darting in and out of traffic shortly before 6:00 p.m. in the area of 15th and Chestnut Streets.
When police responded, most of the group quickly dispersed, but five, in their haste to flee police, ran inside the Shops at Liberty Place and flipped signs and tables.
Police apprehended all five teens and ushered them over to the 9th Police District headquarters to be processed. They are all expected to face disorderly conduct and creating a public disturbance charges, among related offences.
The teens are expected to be released into the custody of their parents.
flash mob, center city, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos