Gas odor forces police, prisoners to evacuate
MAYFAIR - March 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- A strong odor forced the evacuation of police officers and prisoners in Mayfair.
Fire crews were called to Northeast Detectives at Levick Street and Harbison Avenue just before 7:30 p.m. after a gas smell was reported.
PGW crews and fire officials were called out.
As a precaution, police personnel evacuated the building and prisoners were taken out of the building.
Officials did not find any gas readings and personnel were allowed to return in less than an hour.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, mayfair, local/state
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 7 min ago
- Record Warmth! 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 7 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 7 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 7 min ago
- 3 rescued after car crashes into Delaware pond 7 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
7 min ago
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia
7 min ago
- Record Warmth!
37 min ago