Gas odor forces police, prisoners to evacuate
MAYFAIR - March 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- A strong odor forced the evacuation of police officers and prisoners in Mayfair.
Fire crews were called to Northeast Detectives at Levick Street and Harbison Avenue just before 7:30 p.m. after a gas smell was reported.
PGW crews and fire officials were called out.
As a precaution, police personnel evacuated the building and prisoners were taken out of the building.
Officials did not find any gas readings and personnel were allowed to return in less than an hour.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, mayfair, local/state
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 33 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 2 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 29 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 29 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Street-level interactive weather map
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
33 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos