Police cruiser struck by 2 cars; officer injured
SPRING GARDEN - March 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia Police officer is on the mend after his parked patrol vehicle was struck inside of a churchyard in the city's Spring Garden section.
The 6th District officer was sitting in his car in the 900 block of Vine Street near Ridge Avenue when 2 other vehicles traveling at a high rate of speed lost control of their vehicles and crashed into the parking lot of the Holy Redeemer Chinese Catholic Church around 6:00 Sunday morning.
The impact of the crash forced both vehicles into the patrol car, injuring the officer and the driver of one of the vehicles.
Three male occupants of the other striking vehicle, including the driver, fled from the scene down Ridge Avenue on foot. Police immediately began a search of the area in an effort to find them.
The injured officer and injured driver were transported to Hahnemann Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
accident, police, spring garden, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 13 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 38 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 57 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
13 min ago