Pa. celebrity boxing promoter gets probation
MEDIA, Pa. - March 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- A celebrity boxing promoter accused of fixing fights and not having a license when he staged a Philadelphia area bout between "The Partridge Family" television star Danny Bonaduce and a comedian from the Howard Stern show has been placed on probation for two years as part of a plea deal.
Damon Feldman operated the Celebrity Boxing Federation. He pleaded no contest Monday in Delaware County to fixing fights and promoting fights without a license. He tells The Associated Press he'd have liked to fight the charges but "didn't want to take a chance."
The Philadelphia Daily News says Feldman is barred from promoting for two years. He also must pay $7,500 restitution.
Feldman calls the celebrity bouts "100 percent entertainment." He says he hopes to make a comeback.
boxing, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 35 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
21 min ago