A surprise proposal at the Eiffel Tower
PHILADELPHIA - March 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Flower Shower took on a very romantic cast Wednesday, giving proof to the notion that love is in the air.
"Will you marry me?"
And the bride-to-be said...Oui!
It was a proposal to remember underneath the Eiffel Tower& well, a recreation of the Parisian icon at the Philadelphia International Flower Show Wednesday.
The theme is Springtime in Paris, but one couple isn't saying "Adieu", they'll be saying "I do."
"I have been to Paris, and this is the closest I could get to proposing to her in Paris," Brandon Jones said.
Brandon Jones and Theresa Beck met at Salem Hospital where she is a nurse and he is a security guard.
He was discharged from the US Army in July after spending 3 years on combat patrol in Afghanistan. He met the love of his life just two months later.
"I am just so proud of him, and I love him and I want to spend the rest of my life with him," said Theresa Beck.
The pair is planning a spring wedding, and the Philadelphia Flower show couldn't be a better place for Theresa to get a little inspiration for her big day.
And as for a trip to Paris, the couple says maybe for the honeymoon.
"I want to travel the world one day," said Theresa, "and I want to do it with him."
They may not always have Paris, but they will always have the Philadelphia International Flower Show.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia flower show, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos