Day after budget: Corbett visits Microsoft Tech Center
MALVERN, Pa. - March 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer welcomed Governor Tom Corbett.
"It seems to be a particularly intense time for someone who doesn't live in the state. I have to say if feels like I got to know the governor when I turned the TV on when I got home last night at 11," Ballmer said with a laugh.
Ballmer was alluding to the intense coverage of Corbett's controversial state budget yesterday.
Today, the business friendly governor toured the roll out of Microsoft's new Technology Center in Malvern. The center was pitched as a kind of incubator where corporations can brainstorm better ways to operate.
Corbett watched as staffers played out make believe business dealings between offices in China and Philadelphia. He was shown how the latest in video links could help him work with a speech writer located just about anywhere.
Corbett met with college students working on phone apps that deal with food allergies.
The take away for Corbett was that all this was validation for his small government, pro business tax stance.
"We would like to create an atmosphere where business creates the jobs in southeastern Pennsylvania or anywhere in Pennsylvania," Governor Corbett said.
But it wasn't all work today.
To the delight of the Microsoft staff, the governor was willing to try a new generation video bowling game on an Xbox 360 Kinect where you control things by just motion.
You'll have to watch the video to see the Governor in action.
pennsylvania, chester county, gov. tom corbett, microsoft, local/state, john rawlins
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader 58 min ago
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 10 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 12 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade