Day after budget: Corbett visits Microsoft Tech Center
MALVERN, Pa. - March 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer welcomed Governor Tom Corbett.
"It seems to be a particularly intense time for someone who doesn't live in the state. I have to say if feels like I got to know the governor when I turned the TV on when I got home last night at 11," Ballmer said with a laugh.
Ballmer was alluding to the intense coverage of Corbett's controversial state budget yesterday.
Today, the business friendly governor toured the roll out of Microsoft's new Technology Center in Malvern. The center was pitched as a kind of incubator where corporations can brainstorm better ways to operate.
Corbett watched as staffers played out make believe business dealings between offices in China and Philadelphia. He was shown how the latest in video links could help him work with a speech writer located just about anywhere.
Corbett met with college students working on phone apps that deal with food allergies.
The take away for Corbett was that all this was validation for his small government, pro business tax stance.
"We would like to create an atmosphere where business creates the jobs in southeastern Pennsylvania or anywhere in Pennsylvania," Governor Corbett said.
But it wasn't all work today.
To the delight of the Microsoft staff, the governor was willing to try a new generation video bowling game on an Xbox 360 Kinect where you control things by just motion.
You'll have to watch the video to see the Governor in action.
pennsylvania, chester county, gov. tom corbett, microsoft, local/state, john rawlins
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos