Final teen sentenced in taped Pa. bullying case
MEDIA, Pa. - March 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- The last teen charged in the videotaped bullying of a younger Pennsylvania boy has been sent to a juvenile drug treatment facility.
The 16-year-old was ordered to undergo drug treatment during his disposition hearing Tuesday. Last month he admitted his role in the attack on a fellow student at an alternative school in the Upper Darby School District.
The 13-year-old victim was dragged through the snow, stuffed in a tree and hung by his jacket from a 7-foot-high fence post in the January 11 attack.
Five other teens received probationary sentences after admitting they took part. Charges were dropped against the teen who recorded the attack.
The attorney for the 16-year-old sentenced Tuesday says his client was under the influence of marijuana when he was arrested.
media, pennsylvania, bullying, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos