5 workers overcome by carbon monoxide at NJ farm
HAMMONTON, N.J. (AP) - March 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Five workers at a southern New Jersey farm were hospitalized Sunday after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.
Hammonton police say the five - whose names were not released - were found outside a greenhouse on the farm around 8:20 a.m. They were taken to Virtua Berlin Hospital for treatment and were expected to fully recover.
The leak apparently was caused by a faulty heater or pipe in the greenhouse on the Pine Road property, but officials say the investigation is ongoing.
new jersey, carbon monoxide, atlantic county, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 12 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more