Poll: 50 percent support abortion rights
TRENTON, N.J. - March 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A new poll finds opinions on abortion have not changed much in recent years in New Jersey.
Gov. Chris Christie brought the issue to the forefront when he spoke at an anti-abortion rally in Trenton in January.
A Rutgers-Eagleton Poll released Tuesday shows 10 percent of New Jerseyans surveyed believe abortion should be illegal. Half support keeping abortion legal with restrictions and 37 percent believe abortions should be allowed in all cases.
More than half of those polled say Christie's speech didn't affect their opinion of him.
The telephone poll of 912 New Jersey adults was conducted Feb. 24-26 and has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3.3 percentage points.
abortion, new jersey, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 44 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act