Poll: 50 percent support abortion rights
TRENTON, N.J. - March 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A new poll finds opinions on abortion have not changed much in recent years in New Jersey.
Gov. Chris Christie brought the issue to the forefront when he spoke at an anti-abortion rally in Trenton in January.
A Rutgers-Eagleton Poll released Tuesday shows 10 percent of New Jerseyans surveyed believe abortion should be illegal. Half support keeping abortion legal with restrictions and 37 percent believe abortions should be allowed in all cases.
More than half of those polled say Christie's speech didn't affect their opinion of him.
The telephone poll of 912 New Jersey adults was conducted Feb. 24-26 and has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3.3 percentage points.
abortion, new jersey, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 16 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish