Poll: 50 percent support abortion rights
TRENTON, N.J. - March 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- A new poll finds opinions on abortion have not changed much in recent years in New Jersey.
Gov. Chris Christie brought the issue to the forefront when he spoke at an anti-abortion rally in Trenton in January.
A Rutgers-Eagleton Poll released Tuesday shows 10 percent of New Jerseyans surveyed believe abortion should be illegal. Half support keeping abortion legal with restrictions and 37 percent believe abortions should be allowed in all cases.
More than half of those polled say Christie's speech didn't affect their opinion of him.
The telephone poll of 912 New Jersey adults was conducted Feb. 24-26 and has a sampling error margin of plus or minus 3.3 percentage points.
abortion, new jersey, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase 12 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad in Las Vegas, 2 suspects arrested 13 min ago
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County 32 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Search for missing college student from...
34 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
32 min ago