3rd suit filed against Philly archdiocese heads
PHILADELPHIA - March 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A third man has filed a civil lawsuit that says officials from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia covered up sexual assault allegations against a priest who molested him in the late 1960s.
The lawsuit filed Wednesday in the city's Court of Common Pleas says the man was assaulted as a boy by a priest from St. Francis Xavier parish and Roman Catholic High School in Philadelphia.
The plaintiff says archdiocese officials put him in harm's way when they concealed their knowledge of the Rev. John Kline's previous offenses.
It is the third such lawsuit since last month's grand jury report led to criminal charges against three priests and a high-ranking archdiocese official charged with failing to protect children from predator priests.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia archdiocese, child sex assault, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station