Mom charged with DUI after girl left at Del. gas station
NEW CASTLE - March 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A mom is facing her fifth DUI and other charges after her 4-year-old was left at a Delaware gas station.
The girl was found at the Valero Gas Station in the 800 block of S. DuPont Highway in New Castle shortly after 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
Police say 28-year-old Jennifer Holmwood of the 200 block of Oak Acres Drive in Middletown stopped there to get gas.
Holmwood then allegedly took the girl to a portable bathroom outside the gas station, returned to her vehicle, then drove off leaving the girl behind.
A truck driver and frequent customer of the station saw the child alone and took her inside where she was picked up by police.
The girl was taken to Troop 9 and, while there, troopers were called to respond to Lorewood Grove Road and Ratledge Road in Middletown where Jennifer Holmwood's vehicle had become disabled.
A passing motorist stopped to assist Holmwood and, police say, Holmwood told that driver she could not find her daughter.
Jennifer Holmwood was arrested and charged with Reckless Endangering and a fifth offense of DUI.
The little girl was turned over to family members. She was not injured.
delaware, missing children, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 34 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas 53 min ago
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 52 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery 25 min ago
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra