Mom charged with DUI after girl left at Del. gas station
NEW CASTLE - March 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A mom is facing her fifth DUI and other charges after her 4-year-old was left at a Delaware gas station.
The girl was found at the Valero Gas Station in the 800 block of S. DuPont Highway in New Castle shortly after 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
Police say 28-year-old Jennifer Holmwood of the 200 block of Oak Acres Drive in Middletown stopped there to get gas.
Holmwood then allegedly took the girl to a portable bathroom outside the gas station, returned to her vehicle, then drove off leaving the girl behind.
A truck driver and frequent customer of the station saw the child alone and took her inside where she was picked up by police.
The girl was taken to Troop 9 and, while there, troopers were called to respond to Lorewood Grove Road and Ratledge Road in Middletown where Jennifer Holmwood's vehicle had become disabled.
A passing motorist stopped to assist Holmwood and, police say, Holmwood told that driver she could not find her daughter.
Jennifer Holmwood was arrested and charged with Reckless Endangering and a fifth offense of DUI.
The little girl was turned over to family members. She was not injured.
delaware, missing children, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 13 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 19 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 58 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 57 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
11 min ago