Amtrak to rename Del. station in honor of Biden
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amtrak will honor Vice President Joe Biden and his commute as a longtime U.S. senator who often traveled from Wilmington to Washington by renaming its downtown station after him.
It will hold an open house Saturday for the newly renovated station, which will be called the Joseph R. Biden Jr. Railroad Station. The Wilmington station underwent $37.7 million in renovations, $20 million of which is from the economic stimulus program that Biden now oversees.
Tours of the station will be available from noon to 3 p.m. It is Amtrak's 12th busiest station.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
wilmington, delaware, amtrak, vice president joe biden, local/state
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 11 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 55 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 36 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish