Amtrak to rename Del. station in honor of Biden
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amtrak will honor Vice President Joe Biden and his commute as a longtime U.S. senator who often traveled from Wilmington to Washington by renaming its downtown station after him.
It will hold an open house Saturday for the newly renovated station, which will be called the Joseph R. Biden Jr. Railroad Station. The Wilmington station underwent $37.7 million in renovations, $20 million of which is from the economic stimulus program that Biden now oversees.
Tours of the station will be available from noon to 3 p.m. It is Amtrak's 12th busiest station.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
wilmington, delaware, amtrak, vice president joe biden, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Lots of sun, chilly today 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 40 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 37 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 43 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 19 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
30 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos