Amtrak to rename Del. station in honor of Biden
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Amtrak will honor Vice President Joe Biden and his commute as a longtime U.S. senator who often traveled from Wilmington to Washington by renaming its downtown station after him.
It will hold an open house Saturday for the newly renovated station, which will be called the Joseph R. Biden Jr. Railroad Station. The Wilmington station underwent $37.7 million in renovations, $20 million of which is from the economic stimulus program that Biden now oversees.
Tours of the station will be available from noon to 3 p.m. It is Amtrak's 12th busiest station.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
wilmington, delaware, amtrak, vice president joe biden, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 30 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 33 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 31 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
30 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
33 min ago