Spring storm could bring nearly of foot of snow
PHILADELPHIA - March 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- A springtime snow storm could bring nearly a foot of snow to parts of northern Pennsylvania.
Winter storm warnings are in effect Wednesday for counties across northeastern Pennsylvania and the National Weather Service says areas in the Pocono Mountains can expect more than 11 inches by the time the storm moves out.
The storm prompted school closings and delays across a large swath of northeastern Pennsylvania.
Precipitation is expected to be mostly rain in Philadelphia with 1 to 3 inches of snow expected north and west of the city.
Parts of southwest Pennsylvania is expected to see rain and thunderstorms into Wednesday night.
snow, pennsylvania, poconos, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 13 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 19 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 58 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 37 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
14 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
37 min ago