Spring storm could bring nearly of foot of snow
PHILADELPHIA - March 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- A springtime snow storm could bring nearly a foot of snow to parts of northern Pennsylvania.
Winter storm warnings are in effect Wednesday for counties across northeastern Pennsylvania and the National Weather Service says areas in the Pocono Mountains can expect more than 11 inches by the time the storm moves out.
The storm prompted school closings and delays across a large swath of northeastern Pennsylvania.
Precipitation is expected to be mostly rain in Philadelphia with 1 to 3 inches of snow expected north and west of the city.
Parts of southwest Pennsylvania is expected to see rain and thunderstorms into Wednesday night.
snow, pennsylvania, poconos, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos