Mega Millions Jackpot up to $312 Million
PHILADELPHIA - March 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Frenzied lottery players are lining up for a chance at a fortune.
Friday night's Mega Millions jackpot has swelled to $312 million.
"Right here; one ticket. It only takes one to win," said Mildred Bailey.
Many others are hoping the winning ticket is in their hands, with $312 million on the line for Friday night's mega millions jackpot.
At the Spring Garden Deli, lottery tickets were flying out of machines; some players were using strategy for their picks, others leaving it up to fate.
"I pick my daughter's numbers," said one player.
"I used a computer pick," said Mildred Baily. "Whatever numbers I put down, or the computer picks, that's what I'm going with."
Of course the thought of banking hundreds of millions of dollars begs the question, what are you going to do with it?
With that much money on the line, these players say there's plenty to go around.
"Oh I'm going to take care of me, that's a given. I'm going to take care of me, but I will also take care of what's around me, you know, a humanitarian," said Whalencia Miller.
The Mega Millions winning numbers are: 22 24 31 52 54, and the Mega Ball number was 4.
mega millions, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos