Brush fire shuts down I-95
UPPER CHICHESTER, Pa. - March 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- The northbound lanes of I-95 recently reopened after being shut down because of a brush fire in the median in Upper Chichester, Pa.
Officials say the brush fire started around 2:40pm Saturday afternoon along the busy highway, and spread quickly due to gusty winds.
The fire was brought under control and all lanes reopened after 45 minutes.
No injuries were reported, and no word on the cause of the fire.
delaware county, brush fire, local/state
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 11 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 16 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh 30 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 19 min ago
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft 23 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 30 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
16 min ago