Brush fire shuts down I-95
UPPER CHICHESTER, Pa. - March 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- The northbound lanes of I-95 recently reopened after being shut down because of a brush fire in the median in Upper Chichester, Pa.
Officials say the brush fire started around 2:40pm Saturday afternoon along the busy highway, and spread quickly due to gusty winds.
The fire was brought under control and all lanes reopened after 45 minutes.
No injuries were reported, and no word on the cause of the fire.
delaware county, brush fire, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 47 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 40 min ago
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos