Fundraiser brings hope for Trey Love
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - March 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A fundraiser was held Sunday for 4-year-old Trey Love who has a rare form of cancer.
An overflow crowd filled the Hope Community Church to pray and raise money for young Trey.
Action News first reported last week about the little boy who is terminally ill with neuroplastoma, but has been defying the odds for survival
"What we wanted to do with [Trey's parents] Mike and Missy and Trey during this toughest time in their life is to say listen, you're not going to walk this journey alone that you have a family of support around you," Pastor George Searfoss said.
As the congregation prayed for a miracle for Trey and his family, Mike and Missy watched via Skype from Trey's hospital room at Children's Hospital.
"Doctors have told us that he needs a miracle and to a lot of people, that sounds pretty daunting, but we have seen miracles," Mike Love said.
During a candlelight vigil, music filled the church and those gathered sang Trey's favorite song called "You Never Let Go."
The friends of the Love family are surely offering their prayers, but they're also raising funds to help the family with daily expenses and to try and get Trey to Disney World.
"They really hope to get him there and for him to see the castle and to see the fireworks and, God willing, be able to go into the park," Katie Bala of Hope Community Church said.
"When we give back to people and we love people that way, it's endearing and it's a rich experience and you're blessed," Pastor Roman Kupecky said.
The collection baskets were passed and a show of generosity was evident.
There was an outpouring of affection for a child whose name is Love and in just four-and-a-half years of life has touched so many hearts.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, children, chester county, cancer, local/state, cathy gandolfo
- Runway littered with holiday mail 50 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 54 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 42 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 7 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 23 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Runway littered with holiday mail
50 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
42 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
5 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
23 min ago