Gas leak reported at Phila. construction site
PHILADELPHIA - March 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Fire officials have cordoned off an area in the Torresdale section of Philadelphia due to a gas main break at a construction site.
The call came in around 9:11 a.m. Tuesday for the break in the 3900 block of Fitler St.
Firefighters were told that a crew at the construction site may have ruptured a high pressure gas main causing the gas leak.
The area was cordoned off as officials waited for PGW to arrive.
So far there have been no reports of injuries or evacuations.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, gas leak, torresdale, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash