Gas leak reported at Phila. construction site
PHILADELPHIA - March 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- Fire officials have cordoned off an area in the Torresdale section of Philadelphia due to a gas main break at a construction site.
The call came in around 9:11 a.m. Tuesday for the break in the 3900 block of Fitler St.
Firefighters were told that a crew at the construction site may have ruptured a high pressure gas main causing the gas leak.
The area was cordoned off as officials waited for PGW to arrive.
So far there have been no reports of injuries or evacuations.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, gas leak, torresdale, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 25 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 21 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 21 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
25 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
9 min ago