NJ turnpike open again following fatal crash
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. - April 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- The New Jersey Turnpike was littered with vegetables following a fatal crash between a car and a tractor-trailer in Mount Laurel.
The accident occurred around 8:50 a.m. Tuesday in the southbound lanes of the Turnpike near milepost 37.
The collision caused the tractor-trailer to overturn on the center concrete divider, spilling its load of vegetables onto the northbound roadway.
The driver of the car that was involved died at the scene. The driver of the truck did not receive any significant injuries.
The highway was closed for hours following the crash, but it has since re-opened.
There is no word on what may have led to the crash.
The name of the fatal victim has not been released.
new jersey, accident, new jersey turnpike, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control 51 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief