Man killed in dirt bike crash; involved truck sought
JUNIATA - April 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old man is dead after the dirt bike he was driving slammed into the side of a pickup truck Saturday night. The driver of the truck fled the scene.
Police say it was around 6:40 p.m. when Franko Garcia, of the 4500 block of H Street, struck a green Chevy pickup making a left onto Lawndale Street from Cayuga Street in Philadelphia's Juniata section.
The Chevy then took off.
Garcia was transported to Temple University Hospital with a lacerated lung, liver, and kidneys. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police are searching for the green Chevy pickup that was involved, with partial tag number YCD. The pickup is believed to have driver side door and fender damage.
accident, philadelphia, pennsylvania, juniata, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 3 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 22 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 5 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally