Woman unaccounted for after fire at Animal Kingdom
SPRINGFIELD, N.J. - April 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a woman is unaccounted for following a 3-alarm blaze at a home located on the Animal Kingdom Zoo property in Springfield, Burlington County.
The fire was first reported around 8:15 Monday morning on the 1800 block of Jacksonville-Jobstown Road.
The fire was at the log cabin style residence on the zoo property, near the Pet Store and Zoo. Neither the store, nor the zoo, were damaged by the flames.
Neighbors reported hearing an explosion before the fire. The house has collapsed and is a total loss.
A dog was hurt by the fire.
A total of 10 fire companies battled the blaze. Water had to be brought in because there were no hydrants nearby.
animals, fire, burlington county, new jersey, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish