Car crushed between trucks in NJ, driver ID'd
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - April 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- One man is dead after his car was crushed between two trucks in Camden County.
The crash happened in the northbound lanes of Route 73 near Remington Road in Pennsauken on Monday morning.
Police say the driver of the car, 55-year-old Craig Powers of Marlton, New Jersey, was travelling northbound on Route 73 when he approached a red light.
As he was slowing down, his car was rear-ended by a box truck that was travelling at a high rate of speed.
The impact pushed Powers' car into a "roll-off" truck that was hauling a dumpster.
Powers' car was crushed by the impact.
The "roll-off" truck then hit two other vehicles after the initial crash.
No other injuries were reported.
Police say charges are pending as the investigation continues.
Route 73 was closed for hours following the crash but was reopened by mid-afternoon.
new jersey, camden county, accident, local/state
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 53 min ago
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 6 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft 15 min ago
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa. 13 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
57 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos