Car crushed between trucks in NJ, driver ID'd
PENNSAUKEN, N.J. - April 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- One man is dead after his car was crushed between two trucks in Camden County.
The crash happened in the northbound lanes of Route 73 near Remington Road in Pennsauken on Monday morning.
Police say the driver of the car, 55-year-old Craig Powers of Marlton, New Jersey, was travelling northbound on Route 73 when he approached a red light.
As he was slowing down, his car was rear-ended by a box truck that was travelling at a high rate of speed.
The impact pushed Powers' car into a "roll-off" truck that was hauling a dumpster.
Powers' car was crushed by the impact.
The "roll-off" truck then hit two other vehicles after the initial crash.
No other injuries were reported.
Police say charges are pending as the investigation continues.
Route 73 was closed for hours following the crash but was reopened by mid-afternoon.
new jersey, camden county, accident, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash