Del. prosecutors want mental evaluation of Bradley
DOVER, Del. - April 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- State prosecutors are asking a judge to order a psychological or psychiatric examination for former Lewes pediatrician Earl Bradley.
Bradley is awaiting trial on charges of sexually assaulting scores of patients over more than a decade before he was arrested in December 2009.
Prosecutor Paula Ryan filed a motion this week seeking a mental evaluation of Bradley, whose attorneys may decide to present a mental illness defense. A spokesman for the attorney general's office declined to comment, citing a gag order issued by the judge.
Jury selection in Bradley's criminal trial is set to begin June 1.
Last week, the judge ruled that graphic videos allegedly showing Bradley raping several young victims can be admitted as evidence, despite mistakes police made in drafting and executing a search warrant.
delaware, dr. earl bradley, child abuse, child porn, child sex assault, sex, sex assault, sex offenders, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 2 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos