NJ woman chides smoker, gets stabbed with pen
NEW YORK - April 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey woman was stabbed in the face with a pen on a New York City subway train after she tried to stop a man from lighting a cigarette.
The assault occurred on a crowded No. 3 train near the Chambers Street station during Tuesday's morning rush.
Witnesses told the Daily News and the New York Post that an argument quickly escalated when Evelyn Seeger asked the man not to smoke. The witnesses say two riders were trying to restrain the man when he pulled out a pen and slashed Seeger's face.
Seeger, of Nutley, N.J., was treated at a hospital and released.
Police charged the man with felony assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
new jersey, new york, new york city, smoking, stabbing, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 59 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos