Pa. man found dead in hot tub identified
SCRANTON, Pa. - April 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- The death of a man whose body was found in a hotel hot tub in northeastern Pennsylvania has been ruled accidental.
Authorities said 41-year-old John Saviello from Bridgeport in suburban Philadelphia was found unresponsive at the Clarion Hotel in Scranton at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday.
He was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead.
Lackawanna County Coroner Tim Rowlands told The (Scranton) Times-Tribune after an autopsy Wednesday that the victim drowned.
Scranton Police Chief Dan Duffy told The Times-Tribune that an intoxicated, unresponsive woman was found in the same hot tub but was not hurt.
Rowlands said a toxicology report to determine whether drugs or alcohol played a role in the death will not be ready for several weeks.
Authorities originally said Saviello was from Conshohocken, but said on Thursday he was from Bridgeport, located a few miles away.
pennsylvania, conshohocken, scranton, body found, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run