Pa. mom admits leaving kids in car outside casino
BENSALEM, Pa. - April 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia woman says she's attending Gamblers Anonymous meetings after leaving her two daughters alone in a car as she gambled at a suburban casino in August.
Sharon Balek told a judge she has a gambling addiction as she pleaded guilty to child endangerment Monday in Bucks County Court.
Balek admitted leaving her daughters, and 8-year-old and a teenager, in the car for about six hours as she played slot machines inside the Parx Casino in Bensalem. Police were called after the girls asked someone for a cell phone to call a family member around 1 a.m.
The Bucks County Courier Times reports Balek was sentenced to two years of probation. She is one of six people charged with similar offense outside the same casino last year.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
children, casinos, gambling, bensalem, bucks county, pennsylvania, parx casino, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 51 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
46 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
51 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
43 min ago