Pa. mom admits leaving kids in car outside casino
BENSALEM, Pa. - April 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia woman says she's attending Gamblers Anonymous meetings after leaving her two daughters alone in a car as she gambled at a suburban casino in August.
Sharon Balek told a judge she has a gambling addiction as she pleaded guilty to child endangerment Monday in Bucks County Court.
Balek admitted leaving her daughters, and 8-year-old and a teenager, in the car for about six hours as she played slot machines inside the Parx Casino in Bensalem. Police were called after the girls asked someone for a cell phone to call a family member around 1 a.m.
The Bucks County Courier Times reports Balek was sentenced to two years of probation. She is one of six people charged with similar offense outside the same casino last year.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
children, casinos, gambling, bensalem, bucks county, pennsylvania, parx casino, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expressway crash 18 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep