Clerk kills would-be robber
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Camden say a gas station clerk killed a man who tried to rob him.
It happened at the 7-11 on Federal street and Marlton Pike around 3-am.
Investigators say an unidentified man walked into the store with a baton and demanded money.
The clerk then pulled out a knife.
After a confrontation, police say the suspect was stabbed twice in the chest.
He was pronounced dead at a local hospital.
The clerk is now being questioned.
No word yet if the clerk will face any charges.
robbery, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 46 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 47 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 50 min ago
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 6 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
49 min ago