Motorcycle crash in Del. kills couple
GEORGETOWN, Del. (AP) - May 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Virginia couple has died after motorcycle crash.
The motorcycle was westbound on Seashore Highway near Georgetown when it drifted into eastbound lanes and off the road on Saturday morning.
Police say 76-year-old Mary Green of Warrenton, Va., was thrown from the motorcycle as it rode up an embankment and 79-year-old Walter Green was knocked to the ground when the motorcycle hit a wooden post and rail. Walter Green was taken Nanticoke Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Mary Green was flown to Christiana Hospital in critical condition, but police say she died hours later.
Police are investigating what caused the motorcycle to leave the road.
delaware, sussex county, accident, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 10 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 7 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 53 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 27 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos