Motorcycle crash in Del. kills couple
GEORGETOWN, Del. (AP) - May 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Virginia couple has died after motorcycle crash.
The motorcycle was westbound on Seashore Highway near Georgetown when it drifted into eastbound lanes and off the road on Saturday morning.
Police say 76-year-old Mary Green of Warrenton, Va., was thrown from the motorcycle as it rode up an embankment and 79-year-old Walter Green was knocked to the ground when the motorcycle hit a wooden post and rail. Walter Green was taken Nanticoke Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Mary Green was flown to Christiana Hospital in critical condition, but police say she died hours later.
Police are investigating what caused the motorcycle to leave the road.
delaware, sussex county, accident, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 1 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more