Gas main break repaired in Frankford
FRANKFORD - May 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police and firefighters responded to the scene of a gas main break in Philadelphia's Frankford section Tuesday morning.
The break happened just before 7:00 a.m. at the intersection of Tacony Street and Aramingo Avenue.
The incident started when residents reported smelling a gaseous odor in the area.
Philadelphia Gas Works employees went door to door, taking gas readings in the neighborhood while trying to determine the source of the break.
Once located, the break was quickly fixed by PGW workers and the situation was placed under control.
The break caused some road closures this morning, but traffic is now back to normal.
gas leak, pennsylvania, philadelphia, frankford, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 25 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more