Gas main break repaired in Frankford
FRANKFORD - May 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police and firefighters responded to the scene of a gas main break in Philadelphia's Frankford section Tuesday morning.
The break happened just before 7:00 a.m. at the intersection of Tacony Street and Aramingo Avenue.
The incident started when residents reported smelling a gaseous odor in the area.
Philadelphia Gas Works employees went door to door, taking gas readings in the neighborhood while trying to determine the source of the break.
Once located, the break was quickly fixed by PGW workers and the situation was placed under control.
The break caused some road closures this morning, but traffic is now back to normal.
gas leak, pennsylvania, philadelphia, frankford, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish