Bicyclist struck by car in Center City
CENTER CITY - May 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- A bicyclist is in critical condition this morning after being struck by a car in Center City overnight.
The 27-year-old man was struck at the intersection of 21st and Walnut Streets around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
The impact of the crash sent the bicyclist into the windshield of the striking vehicle, causing multiple injuries.
The bicyclist suffered head injuries, a broken arm and a broken knee. He was transported to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and is listed in critical condition.
So far, there is no word on any charges against the driver.
bicyclist struck, pedestrian struck, accident, center city, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ