2 sought after man shot in Summerdale home
SUMMERDALE - May 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for two suspects who ran from a Philadelphia house where a man was shot early Wednesday morning.The shooting happened around 3:00 a.m. in the 800 block of Anchor Street in the Summerdale section of the city.
Police say the 48-year-old victim was shot in the front bedroom of his home. He told police he woke up to find two men inside.
One of those men shot him twice - once in the abdomen and once in the elbow.
Police say the wounded man bolted out of the house and started staggering down the street until police pulled up and drove him to the hospital.
He is listed in critical condition.
So far, officers have not said what led to the shooting, or if the wounded man knows who pulled the trigger.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, summerdale, shooting, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ