Car crashes, narrowly misses couple
PORT RICHMOND - May 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- A husband and wife can count their blessings after a close call.
A suspected stolen Crowne Victoria jumped a sidewalk and struck a cement pole on the 3100 block of Chatham Street in Philadelphia's Port Richmond neighborhood.
The vehicle just missed a woman sitting on a bench in front of her home late Friday night.
The car came to rest up against the front door, almost clipping the woman's husband who was walking out the front door.
Neighbors tried to stop the driver, but he managed to flee the scene.
Police have not reported an arrest.
accident, port richmond, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 47 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
47 min ago