Bankrupt Philly Orchestra unveils fundraising plan
PHILADELPHIA - May 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Orchestra is kicking off a new campaign to raise awareness and money for the financially troubled ensemble.
Officials are announcing details of the "Listen with Your Heart" initiative at an event Wednesday afternoon.
The campaign is going to include a host of public events, fundraising and outreach through the city's downtown restaurants, hotels and shops.
The Philadelphia Orchestra last month became the first major U.S. orchestra to seek Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
It is struggling with dwindling attendance and donations, shrinking endowment income, pension costs and rent prices at the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia orchestra, bankruptcy, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 15 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 42 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 1 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
15 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos