Propane tank explodes during fire in Bridesburg
BRIDESBURG - May 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- A propane tank exploded during a fire at a home on Wednesday morning in the Bridesburg section of Philadelphia.
The fire happened around 11:00 a.m. in the 2500 block of Lefevere Street.
Firefighters arrived and found heavy flames in the rear of the home.
More rescuers were being called to help battle the blaze on the back deck when the propane tank exploded.
The fire then spread to adjoining homes.
Two men, a woman and a boy were displaced by the fire. They are being helped by the Red Cross.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, bridesburg, fire, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs